How Do I Become a Surrogate? A Step-by-Step Guide to the Surrogacy Process
Surrogacy can be a long, complex, demanding process — one that can involve physical discomfort, emotional challenges, and a significant commitment of time and energy. However, the staff of The Law Offices of Denise M. Bierly will be with you every step of the way. We can provide all of the services you need to reach your goals of becoming a surrogate mother, including:
– explaining the how to become a surrogate mother, surrogate requirements, laws, compensation and more to help you determine whether surrogacy is right for you.
– helping you find the perfect intended parents you want to help.
– negotiating a legal contract to ensure all of your needs are met and you are legally protected throughout the surrogacy process.
– coordinating with the fertility clinic to guide you through the medical process.
– facilitating contact between you and prospective intended parents during the surrogacy process.
– and more.
With The Law Offices of Denise M. Bierly, you can give one of the most amazing gifts imaginable to another family: the gift of parenthood. Here, learn more about how to be a surrogate in Pennsylvania.
How do you become a surrogate mother in Pennsylvania?
If you are ready to embrace the life-changing experience of surrogacy, The Law Offices of Denise M. Bierly is committed to providing the services, support and guidance you need to feel comfortable and appreciated through each step of the process.
Here’s how to become a surrogate in Pennsylvania:
– Complete an application. When you contact The Law Offices of Denise M. Bierly, we will provide you with an application and social medical history form, as well as additional information about the qualifications to be a surrogate and the services we provide. This information can help you determine whether you are truly ready for the surrogacy process, and will give us a better understanding of your surrogacy plans and goals.
– Find intended parents. If you decide to move forward with your plans to become a surrogate, The Law Offices of Denise M. Bierly can connect you with hopeful intended parents who are eager and ready to start their families through surrogacy. We will give you information about prospective intended parents, and if you think they may be a good fit for you, we will schedule a conference call so you can get to know one another better.
– Complete psychological screening. Once you have found intended parents you want to match with, you will meet with a psychologist to ensure you are emotionally prepared for the surrogacy process. If the psychologist determines that you meet the mental health requirements for surrogacy, you can move forward with the match.
– Meet the intended parents. The Law Offices of Denise M. Bierly will coordinate a meal with you and the prospective intended parents so you can get to know each other in person. We will be present during this initial meeting to help facilitate conversation and make sure everyone is comfortable. This gives you the opportunity to get to know the intended parents better and ensure they are the type of people you want to help on your surrogacy journey.
– Complete medical screening. After the in-person meeting, if both parties wish to move forward, the next step is to complete medical screening at the fertility clinic. You will undergo a full medical workup, including a pap smear, blood tests and more. This helps determine that you are truly healthy enough to safely carry a surrogate pregnancy.
– Sign legal contracts. If you have met all of the psychological and physical health requirements to be a surrogate, you can officially enter into a legal contract with the intended parents. Your contract will include important information about the legal aspects of surrogacy, including your compensation, risks, and each party’s roles and responsibilities throughout the process. If The Law Offices of Denise M. Bierly is representing you, we will negotiate this contract on your behalf and refer the intended parents to their own independent legal counsel. Alternatively, if you are working with intended parents who are being represented by The Law Offices of Denise M. Bierly, we will refer you to an independent attorney to provide these services. When all parties are happy with the contract, it can be signed and you will be ready for the next stage of the surrogacy process: the embryo transfer.
– Begin the medical process. You will work closely with a reproductive endocrinologist through each step of the medical surrogacy process, which typically includes fertility treatments, in vitro fertilization, an embryo transfer, and several other medical tests and appointments to ensure the best chance of a successful pregnancy. Depending on your agreement with the intended parents, they will likely want to attend some of these key appointments and share in your pregnancy experience with you.
– Welcome the baby. Once a healthy pregnancy is confirmed, you will continue receiving prenatal care as you would with any other pregnancy. When it is time for the baby to be born, the intended parents may join you at the hospital, and you can all celebrate this exciting event together. When you are discharged from the hospital, you can return home knowing that you have forever changed the lives of another family, and you may choose to keep in touch with them for years to come.
There are many factors to consider when deciding to begin the challenging — yet rewarding — process of becoming a surrogate. To learn more about surrogate qualifications or how to be a surrogate mother in Pennsylvania, please contact The Law Offices of Denise M. Bierly today for free, no-obligation surrogacy information.